[Whirl] hello, and questions about riding recumbents in this area

Suzanne Ito suzanne.ito at gmail.com
Mon Jan 2 19:55:27 CST 2017

Hi everyone. Does anyone on this list ride a recumbent trike in DC? I'm
wondering if you feel safe doing so. I just moved from NYC where it was
decidedly NOT a good idea, but now that i'm close to so many great bike
trails and paths, I'd love to finally buy one for my commute between Falls
Church and the Shaw area.

I'd also love to know if there's any shops in the area that specialize in
recumbent trikes. I've demo'd the HP Gekko and Scorpion FS and a
TerraTrike, and definitely liked the HP better, but would love to try the
new Azub Ti-Fly before I make a final decision.

Many thanks for any insight you can provide,
Suzanne