[Whirl] hello, and questions about riding recumbents in this area

Stephen Franzoni scrunge13 at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 3 06:11:08 CST 2017

Suzanne,
I do not live in DC, but have bike commuted while on temporary assignment there.  I ride a Haluzak Horizon and a Bacchetta Bella, both of which I have ridden around the city without incident.  Matter of fact, I have found bike commuting around the DC area quite enjoyable because of the paths and bike lanes.  What made it even better were the number of bike commuters on the road.  Not sure I would tackle commuting on the streets on a trike because of how low they are.  I do ride a trike up to work in Harford County, but it is a Organic Transit ELF which sits much higher than a traditional trike.
Stephen.